I receive dozens of guest post requests per week. In order to streamline the process of selecting only the best content, I’ve established the following guidelines.
- You MUST be a Go Ask Your Daddy subscriber and remain a Go Ask Your Daddy subscriber to submit guest post content. The easiest way to subscribe is with the signup form in my sidebar.
- Guest post topics must match the main topics I discuss on Go Ask Your Daddy (blogging tips, affiliate marketing, product reviews, parenting tips). Other topics may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Original content – The post must be your own original content not previously posted on your website or another website. It must be unique to Go Ask Your Daddy.
- You agree not to publish it anywhere else, including your own blog or Web site.
- At least 500 words long (not including the title and bio) and not to exceed 1,000 words.
- At most 100 words for the bio – You may include links to your work here. Please put the bio at the end of the post. I will write my introduction at the beginning which also includes a link to your website.
- You may provide up to three byline links: one for your blog or Web site, one for your bio or About page, and one for your Twitter username (optional).
- At least one image – Please include a picture that I can legally use for the post (Creative Commons with attribution is fine). The width or height of the picture must be at least 900 pixels. Attach the picture as a separate file in your submission.
- No affiliate links
- Your post cannot be an advertisement for your product or the equivalent of a sponsored post.
- There is no compensation for your guest post.
How to Submit Your Guest Post
Email your post to firstname.lastname@example.org with GUEST POST as the subject line. Here’s what needs to be included in the email:
- Your name
- Your website name and full URL
- Post title
- Your Bio
- Brief summary of your post
- Include 2 links to other posts so that I can read them.
- Include your post content in the body of the email. Do not attach as a Word document.
- Images may be included as attachments.
- Once submitted, allow 3-5 weeks for review and publication. I publish one guest post per week.