Last updated: January 3, 2018
Starting out in the wide world of blogging can be stressful, confusing and overwhelming. There are unending things to learn, constant updating, and so much more that goes into creating a quality blog post. If you want to grow your casual blogging into a business, there are steps to take, people to listen to, and research to perform.
Hi, I’m Jeremy, the writer and creator of the totally awesome Go Ask Your Daddy: A site where you can pick up some super cool blogging tips, learn about new products, and maybe a little about the fun and follies of being a dad of 4 kids in today’s world.
If you are starting to get serious about turning your blog into a profitable business (yes, it can be done!), you need all of the right tools, resource, tips, and tricks. Below, I’ve provided a comprehensive list of all of my favorite blog posts, affiliate programs, tools, and tricks just for you. Feel free to share with your followers and help me grow the list.
Please bookmark this page and return often as I will be regularly updating it as I come across great blogging tools!
This resource page contains affiliate links of products I truly love and recommend. I will get a small commission to help me keep this blog up and running if you click on one of those links and make a purchase.
Affiliate Marketing & Earning Income
- How I Made My First Affiliate Sale With ShareASale
- How to Get Your Affiliate Income Sizzling
- How to Skyrocket Passive Income Through Affiliate Marketing
- How to Start a Money Making Blog
- How to Use Affiliate Links On Your Blog
- How You Can Get More Clicks On Your Affiliate Links
- Is Affiliate Marketing for Real?
- Making the Most of Affiliate Links
- ShareASale Review: Affiliate Marketing Platform
- The Scoop on Affiliate Marketing + 10 Easy Affiliate Programs for Bloggers
- 9 Reasons Why You Aren’t Making Money With Affiliate Marketing
- 1st in Coffee – 1stinCoffee sells trusted coffee machines of nearly every brand and type. Customers can shop for coffee (ground and whole bean), espresso machines, coffee makers, grinders and accessories. A refurbished machine category offers huge savings.
- Animoto – Animoto makes it easy to create professional videos on the web and on the go. Animoto believes that video is the most powerful way to communicate what you care most deeply about — whether that’s your catering business, your dog Fluffy, or penguin conservation in Antarctica. That’s why Animoto spends an inordinate amount of brainpower to build products that make it easy, fun, and cost-effective for anyone to create professional videos on a computer or mobile device.
- Book Outlet – Book Outlet has been in business for over 10 years selling books all over the world. Books are offered at 50-90% off the list price. Book Outlet offers 10% commission, a 45-day cookie, seasonal and monthly promotions, performance incentives, full data feed, and dedicated program management
- Blurb – Make your own professional-quality books, magazines, or eBooks. They offer 15% commission per sale and a 120 Day Tracking Cookie.
- Calendars.com – Calendars.com is the world’s biggest and best calendar store. They carry 8000+ Wall Calendars, Desk Calendars and Engagement Calendars in formats for every interest and occasion.
- Candy Club – Candy Club is one of my newer merchants, but offers a monthly subscription service to deliver the freshest candies right to your door. They offer $20.50 commission on all 1, 6 and 12 month subscription sales, $30.00 commission on all 6 and 12 month prepaid subscription sales, one free Candy Club package to review on your blog/site upon request, and a bonus commission structure based on your performance. See my Candy Club review.
- Cricut – Cricut.com offers Cricut® machines, 50,000+ images to cut, and project supplies ranging from cardstock to iron-on film—plus inspiration, ideas, and a creative community! The Cricut Explore™ machine lets anyone create amazing DIY projects. With world-leading technology, we make it easy for novices and professionals alike to make something they can feel proud of. Cricut offers a 12% base commission and 15% commission on orders $100+, a 45 day cookie, $10 affiliate referrals, award-winning affiliate management team from Acceleration Partners, and weekly newsletters with promotions, incentives, and the latest offers designed to help affiliates earn higher commissions.
- FreshBooks – FreshBooks is the #1 cloud accounting solution designed exclusively for small business owners who bill for their time. Let your visitors know about FreshBooks so they can join the other 10 million businesses worldwide who use FreshBooks to make paperwork a breeze.
- Gazelle – Gazelle is the nation’s leading consumer electronics reCommerce site, providing an easy, fast and safe way for consumers to get cash for their used electronics or buy certified pre-owned devices at an affordable price and without any strings attached.
- Gymboree, Crazy 8, Janie and Jack – Gymboree’s clothing and accessories are created to celebrate kids being kids in unique, head-to-toe looks. Gymboree clothing is designed with colorful, high-quality fabrics and detailed touches throughout. Crazy 8 offers fashionable outfits at a great value for girls and boys, sizes 3M to 14. Janie and Jack offers classic children’s clothing rich in fabric, design and detail for girls and boys up to size 12 online. Heirloom-quality looks feature finely-crafted details such as hand-embroidery, hand-smocking and special prints.
- Little Passports – Little Passports delivers a travel adventure right to your door! Choose from the Early Explorers (ages 3-5), the World Edition (ages 6-10), or the USA Edition (ages 7-12). Each subscription will have your child rushing to the mailbox, waiting for packages highlighting a new global destination or US state. They’ll receive letters, souvenirs, pop-out models, activities, stickers and more. Inspire a life-long interest in travel, language and world cultures with Little Passports!
- NFL Shop –NFLShop.com is the official online store of the National Football League and offers the biggest selection of officially licensed NFL apparel and merchandise online. They offer up commissions of up to 6% of sales, a 7 day cookie, 50,000+ product datafeed, top name brand products including Nike, New Era, Mitchell & Ness Cutter and Buck and more + authentic collectibles from Fanatics Authentic, great tools for bloggers and social media affiliates, great selection of text links and banner ads as well as “build your own” capability using Product Showcases, Make A Page and Custom Link builder, and dedicated management by Wade Tonkin.
- ShareASale – popular affiliate marketing platform used by thousands of merchants and bloggers.
- Tailwind – Tailwind is the leading visual marketing suite for brands and bloggers.
Blog Post Idea Generators
- HubSpot – enter in three nouns and you’ll get a generated list of ideas for blog posts.
- Impact’s BlogAbout Blog Title Generator – one of my favorites and easy to use!
- Portent Content Idea Generator – enter keywords and get ideas centered around them.
- Hootsuite – I use Hootsuite to automate my blog posts to my Facebook fan page and my Twitter account. I also bulk-schedule my Facebook group thread posts ahead of time with this app. There are some limitations with the free version, but if you want to schedule your posts at the most optimal time possible, Hootsuite does a great job.
Domain Name Registration
- Namecheap – Namecheap is the industry’s favorite domain registrar, web host and SSL provider.
Facebook Groups for Bloggers
- Blog Share Learn
- Blogger Share and Promo Group
- Bloggers Finally Getting Noticed
- Bloggers Supporting Each Other
- Blogging Network
- Grow Your Blog
- Canva – Canva is a free graphic design and image editing app that many, many bloggers use. They don’t offer as many features and tools as PhotoShop, but they are perfect for bloggers who are looking for a quick design or image. I use Canva whenever I update my Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ cover photos.
- Gimp – Gimp is a free image-editing software very similar to Adobe Photoshop. If you aren’t looking to spring for a paid service, Gimp gives you all the essential editing tools you need.
- PicMonkey – PicMonkey is a free image and graphic design application similar to Canva. Again, it doesn’t offer nearly as many tools as paid applications, but does a very good job and suits the needs for most bloggers.
- SiteGround – I currently use them as my web host and am very pleased with not only their hosting options, but their customer service. Read my personal review of SiteGround here.
Mailing List Management
Managing Blog Income and Expenses
Capital One Spark Business Checking – A free small business bank account I use for my blog income. Enjoy no monthly transaction limits, service fees, or minimum balances. It’s been a lifesaver for me!
PayPal – The most popular (and best) money transfer software available. Most of the income I receive from sponsored posts and other paid opportunities come to me through PayPal. PayPal makes it easy to transfer between accounts, and usually arrives in my bank account within 1 business day.
Wave Apps – Free online accounting software I use to track income and expenses.
Marketing Your Blog
- How to Skyrocket Your Email List in 30 Days
- How Tailwind is Helping My Blog Traffic
- 8 Things You Can Do to Quadruple Blog Traffic
- 15 Places to Share Your Blog Post After You Hit Publish
Pinterest Group Boards
- Blogs: Parents and Parenting – This blog is all about great advice to parents, grandparents and expectant parents.
- Blogger Share and Promo Group Board – Pinterest group board for members of my Blogger Share and Promo Facebook Group. Join my Facebook Group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/bloggersharepromogroup then send me an email with your Pinterest name at email@example.com to join this board.
- Blogger Show & Tell – A group board dedicating to allowing bloggers to share their masterpieces.
- Bloggers Gonna Blog – This is a group board for bloggers to share their latest and greatest posts, and for us to share and support each other.
- Bloggers on Pinterest – Board for bloggers to share their best pins from their blogs.
- Bloggers Portal – No Posting Limit– Whether your blog’s niche is DIY, money, fashion, recipes, meals, or something else, your are invited to join to this board.
- Blogging Pros Group Board – Professional bloggers, blogging tips, blogging for beginners, how to blog
- Blogging Tools and Tips – My group board with just about anything related to blogging tools and tips.
- Lovely Bloggers – Promote your latest blog posts and make sure to support others by pinning their content as well.
- The Best of Blogging Collection – Share your best pins here! There is no posting limit
- Evernote – Organize your work and declutter your life. With Evernote on your desktop and mobile devices, your notes are always with you and always in sync.
- Grammarly – Grammarly is the world’s leading software suite for perfecting written English. It checks for more than 250 types of spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors, enhances vocabulary usage, and suggests citations.
Starting a Blog
- Can’t Get Comments On Your Blog? Try These 10 Amazing Tips!
- How Can I Increase My Blog Traffic?
- How to Boost Blog Traffic?
- How to Create a Profitable Blog (email course)
- How to Get Noticed As A Blogger
- How to Make A Spectacular Media Kit
- How to Revitalize Old Blog Posts
- How to Start a Blog in 2017
- How to Test Your WordPress Site Speed
- How to Write A Blog Post That Doesn’t Suck
- How to Write A Kick-Ass Product Review
- How to Write a Stellar About Me Page for Your Blog
- How to Write an Effective Blog Post in Less than 30 Minutes
- What to Do Before Your Publish Your Next Blog Post
- What To Do When You Can’t Come Up With Blog Post Ideas
- Why I Create An Outline For Every Blog Post
- 5 Critical Steps to Follow Before Writing Your First Blog Post
- 5 Things I Wish I Knew Before I Became A Blogger
- 5 Reasons Why No One Cares About Your Blog
- 8 Things You Should Include In Your Blog’s Sidebar
- 10 Ways to Successfully Market Your Blog
- 10 Ways to Shine as a Blogger
- 11 Things I Wish I Would Have Known Before I Started a Blog
- 34 Essential Blogging Tools You Must Have
- 15 Ways to Screw Up Your Blog
- 100 Blog Post Ideas
Stock Image Sites
- Can I Share Affiliate Links on Facebook and Twitter?
- How to Boost Blog Traffic Through Facebook
- How to Explode Blog Traffic With Pinterest
- 20 Secrets to Affiliate Marketing Success
- Askimet – helps defend against spam comments
- Header and Footer – post and page hook plugin
- Jetpack – adds a mountain of functionality to your WordPress site. A MUST install.
- Yoast SEO – SEO management plugin.