I welcome guest posts here at Go Ask Your Daddy. Posts must be directly related to parenting, marriage/divorce, faith, or sports.
- I publish guest posts on Fridays.
- You must be an active, engaging subscriber of my blog. This means I should be seeing frequent and meaningful comments on the posts that appear on the blog. Guest post contributors that are new followers will not be automatically rejected, but first preference for publication will be given to those who have been actively engaged with my blog posts.
- Must be a follower of at least one of my social media accounts (available in the sidebar).
- Original – The post must be your own original content not previously posted on your website or another website. It must be unique to Go Ask Your Daddy.
- You agree not to publish it anywhere else, including your own blog or Web site.
- At least 800 words long (not including the title and bio)
- At most 100 words for the bio – You may include links to your work here. Please put the bio at the end of the post. I will write my introduction at the beginning which also includes a link to your website.
- You may provide up to three byline links: one for your blog or Web site, one for your bio or About page, and one for your Twitter username (optional).
- At least one image – Please include a picture that I can legally use for the post (Creative Commons with attribution is fine). The width or height of the picture must be at least 900 pixels. Attach the picture as a separate file in your submission.
- No affiliate links
- Your post cannot be an advertisement for your product or the equivalent of a sponsored post.
- I will do a quick glance over your post for grammar, punctuation, spelling, etc.
- Posts with substantial grammatical and spelling errors will be automatically rejected. I simply do not have time to make these corrections. It is my assumption that serious bloggers will have already taken the steps to proofread their work prior to submission.
I understand the amount of time and effort it takes to write a post. However, the submission of a guest post to Go Ask Your Daddy in no way guarantees that I will publish it. The only guest posts I do publish have significant value to my readers, and this is at my sole discretion.
If I decline to publish your guest post, I will not provide an explanation for the reason for the rejection.
There is no compensation for publishing your guest post. The purpose of publishing your guest post is to increase exposure to our blogs and engage with new readers.
If your post is for a website that is not a personal blog, it will be considered a sponsored post and the following guidelines apply:
- Post must be a minimum 500 words. It can be written by you or me.
- 2 links may be included for every 500 words. $3 per link thereafter.
- All links MUST be NOFOLLOW.
- All sponsored posts will include a disclaimer at the top of the page explaining that they are sponsored. NO EXCEPTIONS. Go Ask Your Daddy adheres to all FTC guidelines.
- Must be original content not previously published elsewhere. You must also agree to not publish to your own site or to someone else’s site. However, feel free to share through social media and link to it as much as you want.
- All posts will be checked for plagarism through Copyscape. Posts that do not past Copyscape will be rejected and no further submissions to Go Ask Your Daddy will be accepted.
- I reserve the right to edit content to fit my website as desired.
Cost: $50 with the content published within 30 days of receipt. Payment can be made through PayPal and must be submitted within 48 hours of the publish date. I reserve the right to remove the posts for non-payment past the 48 hour period.
If your post meets all of the requirements above:
- Please email it to me for consideration. Due to the number of guest post submissions I receive weekly, expect a turn around time of 1-2 weeks for a response.
- Include a one to two-sentence byline that includes what you do, along with your blog address and your Twitter and/or Facebook address.
- Include the size of your readership: number of blog readers, Facebook friends or fans, and Twitter followers.
- Please include the post in the body of the e-mail and not as an attachment.
- Do not include html coding.
Note: I reserve the right to reject guest and/or sponsored post submissions for any reason.
***It is a violation of FTC law for paid links to be listed on my blog without clearly informing my readers that I was compensated for posting the content. If you do not wish for this disclosure to appear in your post, please do not submit content to Go Ask Your Daddy. I adhere to all FTC guidelines at all times.