8/2/17 – I am not accepting guest posts at this time.
Thank you for your interest in guest blogging here at Go Ask Your Daddy. I am currently accepting guest posts on content that directly relates to my blog’s content (blogging tips/tricks/advice, product reviews, parenting advice). To make it easier and less time consuming for the both of us, please read and adhere to the following guidelines before submitting your guest post:
- You MUST be an active subscriber to Go Ask Your Daddy and remain an active subscriber in order to submit content. I look for guest post contributors that engage with my posts and my readers on a regular basis. I’m not looking for a quick hit and run. If this is your intent, unfortunately your content will not be a good fit for my blog. Click here to easily subscribe to my blog.
- Do not send me an email asking if I accept guest posts. The answer is yes. Due to the hundreds of emails I get like this every week, I simply do not have time to respond to all of them. There’s a 100% chance I will delete the email immediately. It also proves you did not read my guidelines.
- I only accept guest posts that are beneficial to my readers. A very good question to ask yourself before submitting your content is: What makes my post unique and beneficial to Go Ask Your Daddy’s readers?
- Your credentials: My readers deserve content that contains solid and useful information from reliable writers and sources. You don’t have to be a professional writer, but I do ask that you demonstrate some expertise in the topic you are proposing to me.
- Content: The post must be original and exclusive to Go Ask Your Daddy. It cannot be published on another site.
- Length: Content should be between 500 and 1,000 words.
- Title: Be creative with your title. Make it amazing and unforgettable!
- Spelling, Grammar, Typos: Must be non-existent. I do not have time to edit. Posts that come through with these types of errors will be rejected.
- Bio: Provide a short bio with 2 to 3 sentences that includes one link to your blog and to your Twitter account.You may also include one link to your about page. Bio will be placed at the end of the post.
- Images: Only submit images that you legally own. Any image with Creative Commons is fine. I’m looking for images that are high quality and are at least 900 pixels wide. Photos must include proof of copyright.
- Affiliate links: I do not accept posts that contain affiliate links.
- Product Advertisement: Your post cannot be an advertisement for your product or the equivalent of a sponsored post. If this is the case, it will be considered as a sponsored post and a $50 fee. See my Sponsored Post Guidelines here.
- There is no compensation for guest blogging at Go Ask Your Daddy. I do promote your post on multiple social media accounts and in Facebook Groups.
Email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org with GUEST POST as the subject line:
- First and last name
- Website name and full URL
- Post title
- Brief summary of your post
- Include 2 links to other posts you’ve written so that I can read them
- Include the post content as text in the body of the email. Do not include it as an attachment.
- Attach all images
- Allow 3-5 weeks for review and publication. I publish one guest post per week.
- I will notify you if and when I’ve accepted your guest post, and an estimated date as to when it will be published.
- I reserve the right to edit your post in any way I see fit for it to be used on my blog.
- I require all guest posters to post a lead-in on their blog, usually in the first paragraph of the post or a simple “My content was featured on Go Ask Your Daddy today” with a link to the published post on Go Ask Your Daddy.
- Please take the time to respond to all comments on the post.
What will not be accepted:
- Posts that promote affiliate products/services.
- Posts without headlines and sub-headlines
- Guest post requests that don’t include the submission items above.
- Work that must be edited significantly to be readable.
- Off-topic posts, or posts that are not beneficial to my readers.
- Plagiarized content. This will get you banned from future guest post opportunities.
- Inappropriate content.